Message "There was an error retrieving xml"

Apr 19, 2010 at 9:14 AM

Hi,

When i start this example code I got the  message "There was an error retrieveing xml".

What am I doing wrong?

with kind regards

Klaasjan

Jul 27, 2010 at 1:40 PM
I just got the same thing, with an error message of "The server committed a protocol violation. Section=ResponseHeader Detail=Header name is invalid" in the debugger. Just to get the sample to run I opened http://www.apple.com/trailers/home/xml/current.xml in my browser, saved it to the ClientBin folder, and replaced the data = webClient.DownloadData("http://www.apple.com/trailers/home/xml/current.xml"); line in CoverFlowService.svc.cs with data = webClient.DownloadData("http://localhost:52703/ClientBin/current.xml"); (where localhost:52703 was the url the debugger was bringing up for me, but it may be different on your machine) so I could at least run the sample program.